Simplified Integrated Project Controls - Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles
This Methodology's Achievements:
- Accredited by SACPCMP as part of our 3-day workshop.
- Accepted and implemented by Major Power Generation Companies and International Mining Houses.
- Successfully tried, tested, and practically applied on simple and complex Capital Projects since 2006.
- Acknowledged at Accenture’s Innovation Index Awards and Conference 2017, under the name MWC. #InnovationSA #AIC2017
- 100% pass rate from an International Project Auditor.
The book, Simplified Integrated Project Controls, provides clear guidelines on how to manage Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles. The aim of this methodology is to give the reader the necessary understanding and knowledge of how to set up a simple project, as well as a multi-discipline complex project correctly, which is one of the main reasons for project control failure. It has been found that the methodology in this book, if applied correctly, enhances the performance of most of the project management and control software on the market. The book describes the guidelines for all the necessary Earned Value Management processes, complete with guidelines for integrated baseline reviews, detailed scheduling, cost, as well as dashboard reporting. It also clarifies how to assess progress, measure performance, and to establish the true status of a project, and how to manage engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) risks at control account level from the very early phases of the project.
This book enables the reader to provide answers to the three most fundamental project control questions of project controls, at each reporting cycle:
- What is the monetary value of the work planned?
- What is the monetary value of the work earned?
- What are the actual costs of the work accomplished?
In Summary, this book provides the “how to…”
- Base projects on an Integrated Work Breakdown Structure.
- Identify all the Control Accounts that will ensure the success of the project objectives.
- Test the authenticity of a Master Schedule based on the IWBSs Control Accounts.
- Develop and agree on a Performance Measurement Baseline, i.e. time-phased S-curves.
- Conduct Integrated Baseline Reviews.
- Objectively and accurately measure Project Performance (technical and progress performance).
- Manage thresholds.
- Deliver Progress, Performance, and Status Reports.
- 173 pages
- 8.5 x 11 inches (25.4 x 19.05 cm)
Two Color Options:
- Full color (inside and cover)
- Black & White (inside) with a color cover (South Africa only)