The Authors of the Methodology
B.Comm. (NWU), PMP (PMI), EVP & CCP (AACEI), NMDP (USB)
Sannette Viljoen is the founder of World Class Project Controls™ (copyrighted) and has a bachelor’s degree in Business Communication, she is a Project Management Professional (PMP), an AACEI certified Earned Value Professional (EVP), and an AACEI Certified Cost Professional (CCP) specializing in Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles. Sannette has more than 20 years’ experience in cost engineering and cost control, project planning, and schedule management, WBSs with cost integration, schedule integration, and reporting system integration, change management and control, project controls, establishing and monitoring earned value management milestones, establishing performance measurement baselines (PMBs), and specializing in month-end progress and dashboard reporting for executive management.
BTech (TUT), EVP & PSP (AACEI)
Willie Viljoen (better known as Willem) is a Lead Project Planner and Primavera Specialist with 11 years’ experience in his field. He has experience in project planning on multi-discipline projects, as well as Primavera software consulting and training experience in major companies in the Oil and Gas, Power Utility, Engineering, and Construction Industries.
Willie is an AACEI certified Earned Value Professional (EVP), as well as a certified AACEI Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP). He also has a BTech degree from the Tshwane University of Technology (South Africa).
Willem J Viljoen
Willem (better known as Willie) has more than 35 years’ experience in Project Controls of which most was on mining, paper and pulp, petrochemical, coal power and nuclear power generation projects. In 1987 Willie left the board of Group Five to find a solution for the many unexpected and sometimes unexplainable cost and schedule overruns on Projects. His focus is currently on implementing Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles, and training this ECSA accredited methodology to the industry. Willie was instrumental in establishing the methodology on the subject, which today, is widely accepted throughout the Project lifecycle and execution phases of Eskom, Transnet, Anglo American, Exxaro, Lonmin, as well as other industries in South Africa.
He has presented several papers and workshops on the subject:
- 2008: Deliver Technical Paper - AACEI’s World Conference in Toronto.
- 2009: Speaker - PMSA Annual Conference in Cape Town.
- 2012: Speaker -ICEC World Conference in Durban.
- 2012: Speaker - Annual International EPCM Conference.
- 2013: Anglo American Academy – Partnering World Wide.
Willie has received ECSA accreditation to present the following workshops:
- The 3-day training course: Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles.
- The 1-day training course: Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles.
Willie has held various senior positions during his career:
- 1984 - 1987: Appointed to the Board as Director of Group 5 Projects Construction.
- 1987 to 2017: Director of Marwillcor (Pty) Ltd [MWC (Pty) Ltd].
- 2003 - 2004: Worked in collaboration with Dr. David Milne of David Milne & Associates to apply and assess earned value progress and performance measurement on major projects in South Africa.
- 2004: Appointed as a member of the PMSA Standards Generation Body - A Government Gazette Appointment (Developed SA’s Project Controls up to NQF 4).
- 2004 & 2005: Served on the Board as Director of the Cost Engineering Association of South Africa (CEASA).
Since 2005 Willie has attended various international conferences on EVM and has brought internationally recognized best practices to South Africa. He currently specializes in setting-up Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles on large projects. He is also a consultant to most major mining houses, power generation and petrochemical companies in South Africa.
Connect with the Authors of the Methodology.
- Permission to copy and distribute some of its work/literature was granted by the National Defense Industrial Association, Integrated Program Management Division (IPMD).
- Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- The Association for Advancement of Cost Engineering International.
- Skills & Knowledge of Cost Engineering.
- The Cost Engineering Certification Study Guide.
- Fleming & Koppelman, publication of Earned Value Project Management.
- Project Management Using Earned Value from Humphreys & Associates.
- The Project Management Institute.
- D Milne – Ph.D. Pr. Eng. ME(Chem.) of David Milne & Associates.
- ECSA Accredited material: Project Controls based on Earned Value Management Principles.
- Simplified Project Controls (Pty) Ltd is recognised by PMSA as an education and training provider.